FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
February 15, 2006
Big Sur, CA ~
A TREND? A FAD?
A NEW PASSION FOR ROMANCE SPARKS SURGE IN ELOPEMENTS
Romance can never be trendy but judging by the number of recent requests, couples are choosing the excitement of elopement weddings more than ever before.
“I can’t say to what we can attribute the trend,” says Ventana Inn & Spa general manager Paul O’Dowd. “Ventana has always been known as a romantic getaway. So coupled with the appeal of the Big Sur Coast, we may just be getting more than our share of adventurous romantics. An elopement is whimsical, exciting and carefree. And that’s just what we’ve always offered here.”
“But it’s interesting that at the same time,” continues O’Dowd, “we’re also seeing more requests from married couples who would like to renew their vows. Putting the two together, it seems that people are wanting more romance in their relationships, more of a memorable shared experience.”
The setting of Ventana Inn & Spa is ideal for memorable occasions. Situated in the mountains above the sea with 50 mile vistas of the rugged Big Sur Coast and Pacific Ocean, Ventana Inn & Spa offers couples a spectacular location combined with service and amenities to make any visit flawless.
To simplify arrangements for romantic couples Ventana has created an "Unforgettable Ceremony" package specifically for elopements and vow renewal ceremonies which is offered as a supplement to the guest room rate. Intimate wedding ceremonies can either take place on a peaceful, private view deck or on the terrace of a Ventana guest room.
The "Unforgettable Ceremony" offer includes all details to create an effortless and memorable celebration that captures the essence of romance.
- A non-denominational wedding officiate will personalize the ceremony to the couple’s preferences as well as take care of recording information for the wedding license. After the wedding the bride and groom will be presented with a remembrance script of the ceremony.
- An arrangement of beautiful, fresh cut flowers, made-to-order bridal bouquet and groom’s boutonniere will be delivered to the couple’s guest room prior to the ceremony.
- A professional photographer will capture the ceremony or if preferred, a one-hour photographic session may be arranged before or after the ceremony. 50 images, proofs and negatives are included.
- In keeping with tradition, a bottle of Champagne, a made to order 6" wedding cake for two with a choice of cake, filling and frosting, decorated with fresh flowers, and two keepsake engraved flutes to toast a loving future are included.
- That evening, the couple will enjoy preferred seating in Cielo restaurant and the chef’s four course tasting menu.
The cost is $2100 plus guest room tariff and taxes. Due to the intimate setting and arrangements, the package is non-cancelable within seven days of event.
Ventana Inn & Spa offers a variety of unique wedding sites to make any ceremony memorable. For further information telephone 800-628-6500 or 831-667-2331 or visit Ventana’s web site www.ventanainn.com.